Wed, 14 March 2012
November 21, 2011
And now for a belated episode, after extended editing...the long lost Episode 18! Those who have completed the Epic volume 1 quests will remember this forgotten ruin, full of memories, tucked away in the Trollshaws...Delossad. We livened it up with Ales and Tales cheer this week!
- Locney Esgal
- Gaiagil Melodwen
- Lennidhren of Lorien
- OW opener: Ales & Tales theme
- Cennwyn's tale: The Marriage of Pongo Puddle
- Unexpected Journey: "Soul Sacrifice" and "Trollhammaren"
- Dagodor's tale
- Malenthel: "Three Little Notes"
- Gori "Mithrilfist" Brightforge's tale: "The Hammer Song" (for Dannigan of Rohan) -
- Melanie and Wendy: Song for Grace of the Valar, "To Grace, With Love"
- OW Dance set: The lay of Beren and Luthien, sung by Lennidhren; Teleri; A&T Theme
- Next week's A&T location: The Training Grounds north of Gondamon (11/28); Hobbit farms north of Bree (12/5); Farmer Maggot's Farm (12/12); The Greenhouse at Thorin's Hall (12/19)
- December 3: BBB filming a music video - dwarf extras needed
- December 4: Turkey Chase horse race - Lonely Mountain Band Riding Club - Windy Acres Ranch, Raglan, Breeland homesteads; contact Kiralynn to volunteer or sign up to race. Grand Prize of 1600 TP code!
- Weekly concerts on Landroval: A&T Mondays 10:30pm, GHMS Tuesdays 10pm, EMS Thursdays 10:30 pm, Mar Vanwa Tyaliéva Saturdays 9:30pm, BBB Saturdays midnight
- Thanks to tonight's performers: Cennwyn, Unexpected Journey, Dagodor, Malenthel, Mithrilfist, Melanie and Wendy, and our house band, Old Winyards, for their performances at Ales and Tales this week
- Thanks also to this week's Ales and Tales stage crew: Thanks also to this week's Ales and Tales stage crew: MCs Locney and Casinthelion; Stage Manager: Lennidhren; Booze Masters: Mithrilfist and Eijah; Musical Mentoring Director: Carica; Old Winyards Bandleader Casinthelion.
- The Ales and Tales Podcast is a production of the Lonely Mountain Broadcasting Company. Recording is done with Skype, MP3 Skype Recorder, and Audacity. Editing by Ranna Dylin and Gaiagil Melodwen. The production team includes Ranna Dylin, Gaiagil Melodwen, Locney Esgal, Harperella of Dale, Sidarin, and our wonderful guest readers and vocalists including, among others, Isilwren and Casinthelion Cirdain... Theme song by Aegthil's Fool. Warning! Listening to this podcast could cause you to taste rectangles and smell the color magenta. All rights reserved. Copyright 2012.
Tue, 20 September 2011
The Hall of Fire, Rivendell
September 12, 2011
It's not the first time Ales and Tales has been celebrated in the beautiful Hall of Fire, and it shall certainly not be the last! Rivendell is not the easiest location to get to for many characters of lower levels, but we had lots of help from hunters and captains escorting folks there, and it is always worth the effort.
- Locney Esgal
- Gaiagil Melodwen
- Lennidhren of Lorien
- Melanie: The Tale of Brandon & Linari, part 2
- Unexpected Journey (Kyrian, Lirielle, Yngiwulf) - "My Immortal" and "Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You"
- Yngiwulf's tale - in honor of Crickhollow's anniversary, a tale: "How Bandobras Saved Crickhollow"
- Brattmores & Tpar: "Fishers Hornpipe"
- Finthilion - harp song
- Gaddes Spiderfellow - harp solo - Final Fantasy X: "Isn't It Beautiful?"
- Tessariel & Ardyn - harp & flute duet: Zelda - Twilight Princess - Hylianische Steppe Theme
- Old Winyards: Dance Set: Theology, Mummer's Dance, King of the Fairies, and Vingilot. An Old Fav's set...
- Next week's A&T location: Brandywine River Sept 19; Windy Acres Ranch Sept 26. Next A&T celebration will be the eleventy-first on Oct. 3rd at Bag End
- Exiles of the Riddermark ongoing event Wednesdays 9pm Campfire RP 10pm Event Start. Exiles of the Riddermark Ride to Ruin: Monday, September 26 (or 9/25 if that's when the servers go down.) The Ride to Ruin will take place at the very end of the Sept. 26 Ales and Tales at the Lonely Mountain Riding Club (Windy Acres Ranch).
- The Minstrel Mash: Friday, October 28
- The Enderi Days, Sept 22-24: The kinships of Mar Vanwa Tyalieva, Leaves of Laurelin and Tirn en Taur will host a three day elven festival marking the transition between the season of growing and the season of fading. For more info: http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?417259-Landroval-Elven-RP-Event-The-Enderi-Days
- September 22 is also HOBBIT DAY, that is, the birthday of both Bilbo and Frodo Baggins! And that means...release day for the second album of the Lonely Mountain Band, SECOND BREAKFAST! http://www.lonelymountainband.com; here is a video preview; first album still available to listen and download at http://minstrelsongs.com/
- Mar Vanwa Tyalieva and friends are putting on an amazing new MUSICAL PLAY on Saturday, September 24 in the Hall of Fire. With song and story they will recount the opening of the Silmarillion, including the Ainulindale and Valaquenta. And Locney and Lennidhren are acting in it!
- Weekly concerts on Landroval: A&T Mondays 10:30pm, Green Hill Music Society Tuesdays 10pm, Eriador Music Society Thursdays 10:30 pm, Mar Vanwa Tyaliéva Saturdays 9:30pm, BBB Saturdays midnight
- Ales and Tales merchandise: http://www.cafepress.com/alesandtales - shirts, mugs, etc. with the new Ales and Tales Logo!
- Yngiwulf, popular A&T storyteller, has launched a website with his own tales and more:http://talesofyngiwulf.webhostpunch.com/
- Thanks to tonight's performers: Tornik, Melanie, Unexpected Journey, Yngiwulf, Brattmores and Tpar, Finthilion, Gaddes Spiderfellow, Tessariel and Ardyn, and our house band, Old Winyards, for their performances at Ales and Tales this week
- Thanks also to this week's Ales and Tales stage crew: MC, Locney; Stage Manager: Lennidhren; Booze Master: Tinki and her assistant, Gilladh; Musical Mentoring Director: Anarwald; Old Winyards Bandleader Gaiagil; Dance Mistress: Lennidhren; Social Reporter: Anarwald; Live Tweeter: Wisic; and all our Town Criers, headed up by Kyrian with help from Carica, Tinki, and many others. The show could not go on without all of you!
- The Ales and Tales Podcast is a production of the Lonely Mountain Broadcasting Company. Recording is done with Skype and Audacity. Editing by Ranna Dylin and Gaiagil Melodwen. The production team includes Ranna Dylin, Gaiagil Meldowen, Locney Esgal, Harperella of Dale, Isilwren, Sidarin, and Casinthelion Cirdain... Theme song by Aegthil's Fool. Warning! Listening to this podcast could cause you to taste rectangles and smell the color magenta. All rights reserved. Copyright 2011.
Direct download: Ales_and_Tales_-_Episode_8_20110912.mp3
-- posted at: 10:06 PM